Owner: Portland Community College
Architect: SRG Partnership, Inc.
Contractor: Walsh Construction Company
Designed the renovation to this historic, three-story building on PCC’s Southeast campus. Originally constructed in 1911, the wood-framed building was seismically rehabilitated to house the Community Education Program and campus administration. Located in a park-like setting with plenty of old growth trees, the building site has become a place for students and faculty to gather. As part of the renovation, new shear walls and diaphragms were added and the existing unreinforced masonry walls were anchored to the floors and roof. This $2.5 million project was completed in 2014.
image credit(s): Lincoln Barbour
work with us